Sunday 25 March 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Death Takes a Holiday, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1934 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Gloria Steinem: American writer, editor and most noted feminist of her time.
- Gloria Steinem in Toledo: Ohio, USA; feminist/publisher (Ms Magazine).
- Johnny Burnette in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; guitarist ("Trains Kept A-Rollin", "You're 16").
- Johnny Burnette: American singer-songwriter (The Rock and Roll Trio) (d. 1964).
- Bernard King: Australian chef and television personality (Born 1934).
- Karlheinz Schreiber: German-Canadian businessman
- 1st Golf Masters Championship: Horton Smith wins, shooting a 284
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?