Thursday 25 March 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1948 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Michel Barat: French freemason, the second Deputy Grand Master from 2000 to 2003, before rising to the Federal Council in 2013.
- Elisabeth Fitzhugh: American channeler, author, and metaphysical bookstore owner.
- Lynn Wood: Scottish TV personality, the host of TV's "Watchdog.
- Michael Stanley in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; rocker (Michael Stanley Band).
- Kelly Garrett: Actress / singer (Holdin).
- Richard Lundy: Horse trainer
- Bonnie Bedelia: American actress
- Farooq Sheikh: Indian actor and philanthropist (d. 2013)
- Lynn Faulds Wood: Scottish television presenter
- Warren Hymer: Actor (Show Them No Mercy), dies at 42.
- The first successful tornado forecast predicts that a tornado will strike Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sabre Dance - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- I Love You, Yes I Do - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?