Thursday 25 March 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kelly Garrett and Richard Lundy.
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Swift Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1948 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Kelly Garrett: Actress / singer (Holdin).
- Richard Lundy: Horse trainer.
- Michael Stanley in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; rocker (Michael Stanley Band).
- Lynn Faulds Wood: Scottish television presenter.
- Michel Barat: French freemason, the second Deputy Grand Master from 2000 to 2003, before rising to the Federal Council in 2013.
- Elisabeth Fitzhugh: American channeler, author, and metaphysical bookstore owner. He channels a group called "Orion". Married once, one child.
- Lynn Wood: Scottish TV personality, the host of TV's "Watchdog." In 1991 she survived bowel cancer.
- Bonnie Bedelia: American actress
- Farooq Sheikh: Indian actor and philanthropist (d. 2013)
- Warren Hymer: Actor (Show Them No Mercy), dies at 42.
- The first successful tornado forecast predicts that a tornado will strike Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sabre Dance - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- I Love You, Yes I Do - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?