Saturday 25 March 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Cheaper by the Dozen, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1950 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Chuck Greenberg: American saxophonist songwriter and producer (Shadowfax) (d. 1995).
- David Paquette: American-New Zealand pianist.
- Serge Wronsky: Latvian astrologer who counseled the Nazi Rudolph Hess, giving him a suggested date to make his ill-fated flight to England.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1950 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Dearie - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked A Cake - Georgia Gibbs
- Mervin Shiner - Peter Cottontail
- Mary Martin & Arthur Godfrey - Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 March 1950 and get them!