Monday 25 March 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Birds, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1963!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1963 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Mark Charbonnier: American state trooper who became a homicide victim.
- Karen Bruce: English dancer and choreographer.
- Velle Kadalipp: Estonian architect.
- David Moore: US feather weight boxer, dies at 29.
- KWHY TV channel 22 in Los Angeles, CA (IND) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- Bobby Darin - You're The Reason I'm Living
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- The Orlons - South Street
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Roy Orbison - In Dreams
- Eydie Gorme - Blame It On The Bossa Nova
- Bill Pursell - Our Winter Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 March 1963 and get them!