Friday 25 March 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Frankie and Johnny, directed by Frederick de Cordova, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1966 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- David Hohl in Winnipeg: Manitoba, Canada; freestyle wrestler (Olympics-9-1992, 1996).
- Tom Glavine in Concord: Massachusetts, USA; pitcher (Atlanta Braves, Cy Young 1991).
- Tom Glavine: American baseball player, a pitcher for the Atlanta Braves.
- Jeff Cross: American athlete, defensive tackle, played pro-football for Miami from 1988-1995.
- Frank Ferrer: American drummer (Guns N' Roses The Psychedelic Furs Love Spit Love and The Beautiful).
- Humberto González: Mexican boxer
- Jeff Healey: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Jeff Healey Band) (d. 2008)
- Tatjana Patitz: German model and actress
- Chana Porpaoin: Thai boxer
- Anton Rogan: Northern Irish footballer
- Colin Campbell: Actor (Leather Boys), dies at 83.
- Beatles pose with mutilated dolls and butchered meat for the cover of the Yesterday and Today album, It is later pulled
- US Supreme court rules "poll tax" unconstitutional.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?