Monday 25 March 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
Stay Away, Joe, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1968 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Errol Martin: Canadian Football League linebacker (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Peter Blackburn: in Australia; badminton player (Olympics-1996).
- Dixon Edwards NFL linebacker (Dallas Cowboys: Minnesota Vikings).
- Arthur Noski: American homicide victim, age eight when he was beaten to death by his mother's boyfriend.
- Douglas Evans: actor (South Pacific Trail), dies in Hollywood.
- KLVX TV channel 10 in Las Vegas, NV (PBS) begins broadcasting
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Monkees - Valleri
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 March 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?