Tuesday 25 March 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Wilson in Arlington Height and Guy Newman.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Support Your Local Sheriff!, directed by Burt Kennedy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sumorna jesen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1969 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Dan Wilson in Arlington Height: Illinois, USA; catcher (Seattle Mariners).
- Guy Newman: Australian water polo goalie (Olympics-1996).
- Scott Sanders in Hannibal: Missouri, USA; pitcher (San Diego Padres).
- Dale Davis: American basketball forward playing with the Pacers.
- Paul Menhart: American baseball player (pitcher) for three major league teams, he made his major league debut in 1995.
- Dan Wilson: American baseball player, a catcher who made his major league debut on September 7, 1992 with the Cincinnati Reds. He was traded to the Seattle Mariners in 1994 and played with the team until his retirement from pro baseball in 2005.
- George Chlitsios: Greek conductor and composer
- Cathy Dennis: English singer-songwriter producer and actress
- Jeffrey Walker: English singer-songwriter and bass player (Carcass Blackstar and Electro Hippies)
- Andes Pact signed in Peru.
- Pakistan General Agha Mohammed Jagja Khan succeeds Ayub Chan as President.
- During their honeymoon, John Lennon and Yoko Ono hold their first Bed-In for Peace at the Amsterdam Hilton Hotel (until March 31).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Classics IV - Traces
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- The Temptations - Run Away Child, Running Wild
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver
- Glen Campbell - Galveston
- David Ruffin - My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me)
- Jerry Butler - Only The Strong Survive
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?