Saturday 25 March 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Demet Edwards and Lawrence Moten.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to A Horse With No Name by America.
In UK Without You by Nilsson was in the top 5 hits.
Pink Flamingos, directed by John Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Second.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1972!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1972 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Demet Edwards: WLAF defensive tackle (Barcelona Dragons).
- Lawrence Moten: NBA guard (Vancouver Grizzlies).
- Howard Battle in Biloxi: Mississippi, USA; infielder (Philadelphia Phillies).
- Giniel de Villiers: South African race car driver.
- Phil O'Donnell: Scottish footballer (d. 2007).
- Selling of the President closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 5 performances
- UCLA wins its 6th consecutive national basketball title
- Bobby Hull becomes the second NHL player to score 600 goals.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 March 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?