Tuesday 25 March 1975
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Miguel Mejia and Ladislav Benysek.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lady Marmalade (Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi) by LaBelle.
In UK If by Telly Savalas was in the top 5 hits.
Outrageous Class, directed by Ertem Egilmez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shang-a-Lang.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing dnd or Indy 800.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1975!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1975 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Miguel Mejia: San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Republic -- Outfielder (St. Louis Cardinals).
- Ladislav Benysek: Czech ice hockey player.
- Rafael Marquez: Boxer.
- Juvenile : Rapper.
- Ladislav Benýšek: Czech ice hockey player.
- Melanie Blatt: English singer-songwriter and actress (All Saints)
- Faisal ibn Abd al-Aziz, king of Saudi-Arabia (1964-75), shot to death by nephew at age 68.
- Faisal of Saudi Arabia is shot and killed by a mentally ill nephew.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lady Marmalade (Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi) - LaBelle
- Minnie Riperton - Lovin' You
- Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom
- B.T. Express - Express
- Joe Cocker - You Are So Beautiful
- Ringo Starr - No No Song
- Phoebe Snow - Poetry Man
- Frankie Valli - My Eyes Adored You
- Sugarloaf - Don't Call Us, We'll Call You
- Olivia Newton-John - Have You Never Been Mellow
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?