Thursday 25 March 1982
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alvaro Saborio and Jenny Slate.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Love Rock 'N Roll by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts.
In UK The Lion Sleeps Tonight by Tight Fit was in the top 5 hits.
Porky's, directed by Bob Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tuesday Night Fights.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Liberator or Snapper.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1982!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1982 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Alvaro Saborio: Costa Rican footballer.
- Jenny Slate: American actress, stand-up comedian, voice artist, and author best known for her breakout role as Donna Stern in Obvious Child, as well as being the co-creator of the Marcel the Shell With Shoes On short films and children's book series.
- Nyla Usha: Movie Actress.
- Sean Faris: American actor and model.
- Danica Patrick: American race car driver.
- Álvaro Saborío: Costa Rican footballer
- Wayne Gretzky becomes first NHL player to score 200 points in a season.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- Journey - Open Arms
- Go-Go's - We Got The Beat
- Stevie Wonder - That Girl
- Air Supply - Sweet Dreams
- Olivia Newton-John - Make A Move On Me
- The J. Geils Band - Centerfold
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- Buckner & Garcia - Pac-Man Fever
- The J. Geils Band - Freeze-Frame
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?