Wednesday 25 March 1987
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lean On Me by Club Nouveau.
In UK Everything I Own by Boy George was in the top 5 hits.
Withnail & I, directed by Bruce Robinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Windmills Of The Gods by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1987.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1987!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1987 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Nobunari Oda: Japanese figure skater.
- Needham Quintuplets: English newsmakers, record-breakers as Britain's oldest quintuplets, three girls and two boys.
- Jacob Bagersted: Danish handball player.
- Jason Castro: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Abdalaati Iguider: Moroccan runner.
- Victor Obinna: Nigerian footballer
- Henry R LaBouisse: headed UNICEF (1965-79), dies at age 83.
- Supreme Court rules women / minorities may get jobs if less qualified
- US Supreme Court rules women/minorities may get jobs if less qualified.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Club Nouveau - Lean On Me
- Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
- Janet Jackson - Let's Wait Awhile
- Genesis - Tonight, Tonight, Tonight
- Bruce Hornsby - Mandolin Rain
- Linda Ronstadt - Somewhere Out There
- Expose - Come Go With Me
- Europe - The Final Countdown
- Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
- Aretha Franklin - I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?