Friday 25 March 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Beetlejuice, directed by Tim Burton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Icarus Agenda by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1988!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1988 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Erik Knudsen: Canadian actor.
- Mitchell Watt: Australian long jumper.
- Arthur Zeiler: German rugby player.
- Kaelyn Petras: YouTube Star.
- Big Sean: Rapper.
- Robert Joffrey: [Abdullah Jaffa Anver Bey Khan]; American choreographer (Joffrey Ballet).
- Les Miserables, opens at Chunichi Theatre, Nagoya Japan
- NASA launches space vehicle S-206.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
- Richard Marx - Endless Summer Nights
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Debbie Gibson - Out Of The Blue
- Billy Ocean - Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- Keith Sweat - I Want Her
- George Michael - Father Figure
- The Jets - Rocket 2 U
- Def Leppard - Hysteria
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?