Sunday 25 March 1990
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Black Velvet by Alannah Myles.
In UK Dub Be Good To Me by Beats International featuring Lindy Layton was in the top 5 hits.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, directed by Steve Barron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1990!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1990 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
Famous Birthdays:25 March
- Lettice & Lovage opens at Barrymore Theater NYC for 284 performances
- 10th Golden Raspberry Awards: Star Trek V wins.
- Fire in illegal NYC social club, kills 87
- In New York City, a fire due to arson at an illegal social club called "Happy Land" kills 87.
- Pat Bradley wins LPGA Standard Register Turquoise Golf Classic.
- The Happy Land fire was an arson fire that kills 87 people trapped inside an illegal nightclub in the New York City borough of The Bronx.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janet Jackson - Escapade
- Alannah Myles - Black Velvet
- Taylor Dayne - Love Will Lead You Back
- Tommy Page - I'll Be Your Everything
- Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
- The B-52's - Roam
- Phil Collins - I Wish It Would Rain Down
- Billy Joel - I Go To Extremes
- Get Up! (Before The Night Is Over) - Technotronic
- Madonna - Keep It Together
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 March 1990 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?