Sunday 25 March 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Glamorous by Fergie.
In UK (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles by The Proclaimers featuring Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 25 March 2007 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 March
- John Holmes, United Nations Emergency Relief Coordinator, warns that the situation in Darfur could collapse if aid workers are prevented from doing their work. (Reuters via CNN)
- Up to 10,000 people protest in Minsk against President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko. (Washington Post)
- Bangkok's former Don Muang International Airport reopens for domestic flights to relieve strain on Suvarnabhumi Airport, which is undergoing repairs. (People's Daily)
- Iran announces that it is partially suspending cooperation with the United Nations International Atomic Energy Agency and will no longer advise it of new steps taken in its nuclear program. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- The Armenian Prime Minister Andranik Margaryan dies of a heart attack. (BBC)
- UK says requests for access to 15 Royal Navy personnel held by Iran have been denied. (BBC)
- Donald Tsang wins a second term as the Chief Executive of Hong Kong in the city's first contested race. (BBC)
- Vanuatu is struck by an earthquake of 7.2 magnitude southeast of its capital Port Vila. (News Limited)
- A tsunami occurs on the northern coast of Japan after an earthquake with a magnitude of 6.9 in the Sea of Japan. NHK reports that 1 person has died and 40 have been injured. (AFP via News Limited)
- Ten people are killed after a fire in a nightclub in Moscow, Russia, caused by a 'fire show'. (CBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
Top #8 songs in the UK
- The Proclaimers featuring Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin - (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles
- Take That - Shine
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
- Gwen Stefani featuring Akon - The Sweet Escape
- The Fray - How To Save A Life
- Mika - Grace Kelly
- Alex Gaudino featuring Crystal Waters - Destination Calabria
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?