Sunday 25 May 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Battle of Gettysburg, directed by Charles Giblyn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1913!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1913 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Donald MacLean: British diplomatic spy for Britain who defected to Russia on 5/26/1951, disappearing with his pal, Guy Burgess.
- Joseph Peter: Grace businessman.
- Albert Vidalie: French writer, screenwriter, and lyricist, who died in Paris on 8 June 1971.
- Renee DeMarco: American professional dancer who gave ballroom exhibitions.
- Peter Grace: American accountant and CEO of W.R.
- Heinz ''Pritzl'' Bar: German fighter pilot (d. 1957)
- Heinrich Bär: German colonel and pilot (d. 1957)
- Richard Dimbleby: English journalist and broadcaster (Born 1913)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Spaniard That Blighted My Life - Al Jolson
- Here Comes My Daddy Now (Oh Pop-Oh Pop-Oh Pop) - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?