Monday 25 May 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Iris, directed by Achille Consalvi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1914!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1914 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 May
- Paolo Giorza composer: dies at age 81.
- British House of Commons passes Irish Home Rule.
- The United Kingdom's House of Commons passes the Home Rule Act for devolution in Ireland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- This is the Life - Peerless Quartet
- If I Had My Way - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?