Thursday 25 May 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Gold Diggers of 1933, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1933!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1933 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Roger Bowen: Actor (M*A*S*H, Main Event, What about Bob, Petulia).
- Sarah Marshall: English award-winning actor, from a noted acting family.
- Romuald Klim: Belarusian hammer thrower (d. 2011).
- Basdeo Panday: Trinidadian lawyer and politician 5th Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Ray Spencer: English footballer.
- Jógvan Sundstein: Faroese accountant and politician 7th Prime Minister of the Faroe Islands
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?