Monday 25 May 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Fury, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1936!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1936 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Tom T Hall: American singer and songwriter.
- Tom T Hall in Olive Hill: Kentucky, USA; country singer/writer (Harper Valley PTA).
- Jean-Claude Itallie: Belgian-born American playwright best known for his work with The Open Theatre in the 1960s.
- Gioia Timpanale: American storyteller and actress who collected folk tales and fairy tales from all over the world.
- Tom Hall: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Rusi Surti: Indian cricketer (d. 2013)
- Jan Levoslav Bella: Composer, dies at 92.
- The Remington Rand strike, led by the American Federation of Labor, begins.
- The Remington Rand strike of 1936–1937 begins, spawning the notorious quotMohawk Valley formulaquot, a corporate plan for strikebreaking.
- The first flight by the Irish airline Aer Lingus takes place.
- British luxury liner leaves Southampton on her maiden voyage across the Atlantic
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?