Saturday 25 May 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Irnema Szewinski Kirszenstein and Janet E[llen] Morris.
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Let's Play Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1946!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1946 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Irnema Szewinski Kirszenstein: Poland -- 200m runner (1968 Olym Gold).
- Janet E[llen] Morris: United States -- Sci-fi author (Golden Sword, Tempus).
- Tommy Cecil: Ferryman.
- David A Hargrave: American writer and role-playing games designer (d. 1988).
- Jean-Pierre Danguillaume: French road bicycle racer.
- Bill Adam: Scottish-Canadian race car driver
- David Hargrave: American game designer created Arduin (d. 1988)
- Patty Smith Hill: songwriter ("Happy Birthday To You"), dies at age 78.
- Jordan gains independence from Britain (National Day).
- The parliament of Transjordan makes Abdullah I of Jordan their Emir.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
- Peggy Lee - I Don't Know Enough About You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?