Tuesday 25 May 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Susan Biancardi and Anthony Demetris.
The Counterfeiters, directed by Peter Stewart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching We, the People.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1948!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1948 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Susan Biancardi: American manic-depressive mother, she shot her sleeping 16-year-old daughter Marcia to death on 2/14/1990 and attempted suicide, but failed.
- Anthony Demetris: British astrologer, a student since 1988 who holds John Frawley's diploma in horary.
- Klaus Meine: Metal Singer.
- Bülent Arınç: Turkish lawyer and politician Deputy Prime Minister of Turkey.
- Marianne Elliott: Irish historian author and academic.
- San Francisco receives its 1st telecast
- 30th PGA Championship: Ben Hogan at Norwood Hills Country Club in Saint Louis, Missouri.
- The United Church of Christ in the Philippines (UCCP) was founded on this date at Ellinwood Malate Church in Manila, Philippines.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Can't be True, Dear - Vera Lynn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?