Friday 25 May 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
That's My Boy, directed by Hal Walker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1951!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1951 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Bob Gale: American director producer and screenwriter.
- François Bayrou: French politician who ran unsuccessfully for President of France in 2002 and 2007.
- Wayne Moody: American astrologer and AFA member, an accomplished pro and writer of more than a hundred articles in various publications such as "Welcome to Planet Earth," "The Mountain Astrologer," and "Astrology West.
- Clifford Archer: bassist (Atlantic Starr - "Touch a Four Leaf Clover").
- Paula von Preradovic: Croatian-born writer (Born 1887).
- New York Giant Willie Mays 1st major league game (goes 0 for 5)
- The first atomic bomb quotboostedquot by the inclusion of thermonuclear materials, is tested in the quotItemquot test on Enewetok Atoll in the Marshall Islands by the U.S.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Patti Page - Mister and Mississippi
- Rose, Rose, I Love You - Buddy Morrow & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?