Thursday 25 May 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Groovin' by The Young Rascals.
In UK Silence Is Golden by The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
The War Wagon, directed by Burt Kennedy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1967!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1967 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Juan Jimenez: WLAF quarterback / receivers coach (Barcelona Dragons).
- Luc Nilis: Belgian soccer player (RSC Anderlecht / PSV).
- Ruthie Bolton: McClain, Mississippi -- Basketball guard (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Poppy Brite: American author.
- Mark Rosewater: American screenwriter and illustrator.
- John Lennon takes delivery of his psychedelic-painted Rolls Royce.
- Celtic wins 12th Europe Cup 1 in Lisbon.
- The 25th Amendment is added to the Constitution of the United States.
- Naxalite Guerrilla War: Beginning with a peasant uprising in the town of Naxalbari, this Marxist/Maoist rebellion sputters on in the Indian countryside. The guerrillas operate among the impoverished peasants, fighting both the government security forces and private paramilitary groups funded by wealthy landowners. Most fighting takes place in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Orissa and Madhya Pradesh.
- The Australian referendum, 1967 passes with an overwhelming 90% support, removing, from the Australian Constitution, 2 discriminatory sentences referring to Indigenous Australians. It signifies Australia's first step in recognising Indigenous rights.
- The Folk-Rock band Fairport Convention plays their first gig in Golders Green, north London.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Him Or Me - What's It Gonna Be?
- The Mamas & The Papas - Creeque Alley
- Neil Diamond - Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?