Saturday 25 May 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tighten Up by Archie Bell & The Drells.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1968!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1968 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Shawn Bouwens: NFL guard (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Matthieu Pigasse: French businessman, press baron.
- Kendall Gill: NBA guard / forward (New Jersey Nets).
- Laurent Khaiat: Israeli-American actor, born of a French mother and Arabic father.
- Nathalie Schneyder: San Francisco, California -- Synchronized swimmer (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Rolling Stones release Jumping Jack Flash
- Unicorn by The Irish Rovers hits #7
- BPAA All-Star Bowling Tournament won by Jim Stefanich.
- Gateway Arch in Saint Louis dedicated.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
- Stevie Wonder - Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day
- Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San Jose
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?