Saturday 25 May 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dennis Stallings and Dougie Freedman.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Streak by Ray Stevens.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
My Name is Nobody, directed by Tonino Valerii, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Van Oekel's Discohoek.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Qwak!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1974 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Dennis Stallings: linebacker (Tennessee Oilers).
- Dougie Freedman: Scottish footballer and manager.
- Frank Klepacki: American drummer and composer (Home Cookin' and I Am).
- Miguel Tejada: Dominican-American baseball player.
- Donald Crisp: British actor who had a durable career, beginning in 1911, with silent leads.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- Joni Mitchell - Help Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?