Tuesday 25 May 1982
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rasheeda and Kirk Frost.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Rocky III, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rip-Off or RealSports Volleyball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1982!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1982 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Rasheeda : Rapper.
- Kirk Frost: Reality Star.
- Adam Boyd: English footballer.
- Daniel Braaten: Norwegian footballer.
- Ryan Gallant: American skateboarder.
- Roger Guerreiro: Polish footballer
- Justin Hodges: Australian rugby player
- Ezekiel Kemboi: Kenyan runner
- Jason Kubel: American baseball player
- Stacey Pensgen: American figure skater and meteorologist
- Luke Webster: Australian rules footballer
- Larry J Blake: Actor (Earth vs.
- Ferguson Jenkins becomes 7th pitcher to strike out 3,000 batters
- STS-4 vehicle moves to launch pad
- Iranian troops reconquer Khorramshar.
- HMS Coventry is sunk during the Falklands War.
- Aston Villa wins the European Cup, beating Bayern Munich 1–0 after a 69-minute goal by Peter Withe in Rotterdam.
- Kielder Water, an artificial lake in Northumberland, is opened.
- Tottenham Hotspur F.C. wins the FA Cup, beating QPR 1–0 in a replay.
- Conservative candidate Tim Smith holds the seat of Beaconsfield in a by-election. The Labour Party candidate is future Prime Minister Tony Blair.
- Spain becomes the 16th member of NATO and the 1st nation to enter the alliance since West Germany's admission in 1955.
- Indianapolis 500: In what Indianapolis Motor Speedway historian Donald Davidson and Speedway public address announcer Tom Carnegie later call the greatest moment in the track's history, 1973 winner Gordon Johncock wins his second race over 1979 winner Rick Mears by 0.16 seconds, the closest finish to that date, after Mears draws alongside Johncock with a lap remaining, after erasing a seemingly insurmountable advantage of more than 11 seconds in the final 10 laps.
- Hussain Muhammad Ershad seizes power in Bangladesh.
- Cal Ripken, Jr. plays the first of what eventually becomes his record-breaking streak of 2,632 consecutive Major League Baseball games.
- The 1982 Lebanon War begins: Forces under Israeli Defense Minister Ariel Sharon invade southern Lebanon in their ampquotOperation Peace for the Galilee,ampquot eventually reaching as far north as the capital Beirut.
- The United Nations Security Council votes to demand that Israel withdraw its troops from Lebanon.
- President Ronald Reagan becomes the first American chief executive to address a joint session of the British Parliament.
- Falklands War: British RFA ''Sir Galahad'' is destroyed during the Bluff Cove Air Attacks
- VASP Flight 168, a Boeing 727 passenger jet, crashes into forest Fortaleza, killing 137.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
- Paul Davis - '65 Love Affair
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Did It In A Minute
- Kool & The Gang - Get Down On It
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?