Friday 25 May 1984
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Unnur Birna Vilhjalmsdottir and A J Foyt IV.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Let's Hear It For The Boy by Deniece Williams.
In UK The Reflex by Duran Duran was in the top 5 hits.
Streets of Fire, directed by Walter Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Six Centuries of Verse.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Deus Ex Machina or Lazy Jones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1984!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1984 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Unnur Birna Vilhjalmsdottir: Icelandic beauty pageant constestant (Miss World 2005).
- A J Foyt IV: American race car driver.
- Emma Marrone: Italian pop singer, who won the Italian talent show Amici di Maria De Filippi in March 2010, and signed a contract with record label Universal Music.
- Luke Ball: Australian rules footballer.
- Kyle Brodziak: Canadian ice hockey player.
- A Foyt: American race car driver
- Kostas Martakis: Greek singer and actor
- Shawne Merriman: American football player
- Marion Raven: Norwegian singer-songwriter and actress (M2M)
- Unnur Vilhjálmsdóttir: Icelandic model and actress Miss World 2005
- Piet Ketting: Dutch pianist/conductor/composer, dies at age 79.
- Red Sox trade pitcher Dennis Eckersley to Cubs for Bill Buckner
- Detroit Tigers loss to Seattle Mariners 7-3 ends record-tying 17 consecutive wins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie
- Julio Iglesias - To All The Girls I've Loved Before
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Night Ranger - Sister Christian
- Irene Cara - Breakdance
- Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?