Friday 25 May 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin') by T-Pain.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
Mr. Brooks, directed by Bruce A. Evans, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 2007!
Which were the important events of 25 May 2007 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 May
- Charles Nelson Reilly: American actor and TV host (Born 1931).
- It is announced that the Paul VI Audience Hall in the Vatican is to be fitted with over 1,000 photovoltaic panels to supply all its annual electricity requirements. (Catholic News Service)
- A United States Department of Defense report warns of the growing power of the Chinese military. (CNN)
- The widow of Anthony Ashley-Cooper, 10th Earl of Shaftesbury, and her brother, are found guilty of the murder of her husband. (BBC)
- Six foreign oil workers (two British, three American and one South African) have been kidnapped in Nigeria. (Sky News)
- Japanese sources tell the Kyodo news agency that North Korea has test-fired several missiles towards the Sea of Japan. (BBC)
- Ukraine's political crisis worsens after the President of Ukraine Viktor Yushchenko fires the prosecutor general Svyatoslav Piskun. Piskun has defied the order and his supporters have occupied government buildings. (BBC)
- NASDAQ agrees to buy OMX AB which runs several stock exchanges in Scandinavia and the Baltic States for 25.1 billion Swedish kronor (USD$3.7 billion). (Bloomberg)
- Exit polls indicate that Taoiseach Bertie Ahern's Fianna Fáil leads in the Irish General Election. (BBC)
- 2007 Israel-Gaza conflict
- The IAF carried out an air strike near the residence of Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh. The IDF said that the air strike was not targeting the Prime Minister, and was on a structure used by Hamas, located in the Shati refugee camp. Local residents said that an IAF missile hit a vehicle patrolling Haniyeh's home in Gaza, and that the attack wounded one person. (Reuters)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?