Sunday 25 May 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Take A Bow by Rihanna.
Young People Fucking, directed by Martin Gero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 25 May 2008 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 May
- NASA's Mars Phoenix lander touches down in the far north of Mars, sending back to Earth pictures of a region never previously seen up close.
- The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party wins the most seats in elections for the Karnataka legislature, India. (Radio Australia)
- USA Tornadoes of 2008
- A severe storm in Hugo, Minnesota kills one person with another 20 missing with unconfirmed reports of a tornado. (AP via Google News)
- Seven people are killed and dozens more injured as a tornado hits Parkersburg, Iowa. (AP via WCCO)
- Laurent Cantet's film ''Entre les murs (The Class)'' wins the Palme d'Or at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival. (Canadian Press via Google News)
- The former President of Malawi Bakili Muluzi is arrested in Lilongwe after returning from the United Kingdom in relation to an alleged coup attempt. (Reuters)
- Michel Suleiman is elected as President of the Republic of Lebanon. (BBC News)
- 2008 Sichuan earthquake
- An aftershock measuring 6.0 on the Richter scale topples thousands of building in Sichuan Province and injures hundreds of people. (''The New York Times'')
- The Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon hosts a conference in Myanmar with representatives of 50 nations on how to aid in recovery from Cyclone Nargis. (AP via Forbes)
- At Brussels Airport, a Boeing 747 cargo airliner from American operator Kalitta Air crashes at the end of the runway during takeoff and breaks in two. All 5 crewmembers survive. (AP via CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?