Sunday 25 November 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Tom Sawyer, directed by William Desmond Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1917 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Marcel Albert: French World War II flying ace who flew for the air forces of the Vichy government and the Free French forces, and also for the Royal Air Force.
- Luigi Poggi: Italian archivist for the Vatican (d. 2010).
- Alparslan Türkeş: Cypriot-Turkish colonel and politician Deputy Prime Minister of Turkey (d. 1997).
- Len Perme: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher for the Chicago White Sox in 1942 and 1946.
- Armand Mestral: French actor and singer.
- Francis Lemarque: French singer-songwriter and poet, who wrote and composed about 400 songs.
- German forces defeat Portuguese army of about 1200 at Negomano on the border of modern-day Mozambique and Tanzania.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Chopin Etude in G Flat Major - Ignace Jan Paderewski
- For the Freedom of the World Over There - Prince's Orchestra
- Hush-a-Bye Ma Baby (The Missouri Waltz) - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Tramp, Tramp, Tramp (The Boys Are Marching) - Columbia Stellar Quartet
- Along the Way to Waikiki - Helen Louise & Frank Ferera
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?