Thursday 25 November 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Twinkletoes, directed by Charles Brabin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1926!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1926 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Poul Anderson: American author (Born 1926).
- Jeffrey Hunter: Actor (Christopher Pike-Star Trek Cage), dies at 43.
- Ranganath Misra: Indian lawyer and jurist 21st Chief Justice of India (d. 2012).
- Murray Schisgal: Playwright (Luv).
- Poul [William] Anderson: United States -- Sci-fi author (7 Hugos, Mirkheim).
- The deadliest November tornado outbreak in U.S. history strikes on Thanksgiving day. 27 twisters of great strength are reported in the Midwest, including the strongest November tornado, an estimated F4, that devastates Heber Springs, Arkansas. There are 51 deaths in Arkansas alone, 76 deaths and over 400 injuries in all.
- The death penalty is re-established in Italy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1926 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Birth of the Blues - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?