Wednesday 25 November 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Travellin' Light by Cliff Richard & The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Ben-Hur, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1959!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1959 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Steve Rothery: English guitarist and songwriter (Marillion and The Wishing Tree).
- Christian Charpy: French official, the managing director for the National Agency for Employment (appointed to the Council of Ministers, 2005-2011).
- Charles Kennedy: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament, elected as a Social Democrat in 1983 at the age of 23, and re-elected as a Liberal Democrat at General Election on 6/11/1987.
- Harlem Désir: French politician and Member of the European Parliament for the Île-de-France since 1999.
- Gerard Philipe: French actor (Born 1922).
- Once Upon a Mattress opens at Alvin Theater NYC for 460 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Ernie Fields - In The Mood
- Bobby Rydell - We Got Love
- Brook Benton - So Many Ways
- Wink Martindale - Deck Of Cards
- Jerry Wallace - Primrose Lane
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 November 1959 and get them!