Wednesday 25 November 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Charpy and Harlem Désir.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Travellin' Light by Cliff Richard & The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Ben-Hur, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rocky and His Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1959!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1959 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Christian Charpy: French official, the managing director for the National Agency for Employment (appointed to the Council of Ministers, 2005-2011).
- Harlem Désir: French politician and Member of the European Parliament for the Île-de-France since 1999.
- Charles Kennedy: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament, elected as a Social Democrat in 1983 at the age of 23, and re-elected as a Liberal Democrat at General Election on 6/11/1987.
- Steve Rothery: English guitarist and songwriter (Marillion and The Wishing Tree).
- Gerard Philipe: French actor (Born 1922).
- Once Upon a Mattress opens at Alvin Theater NYC for 460 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Brook Benton - So Many Ways
- Wink Martindale - Deck Of Cards
- Ernie Fields - In The Mood
- Jerry Wallace - Primrose Lane
- Bobby Rydell - We Got Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?