Friday 25 November 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Ostergren and John F Kennedy.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Stay by Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Big Deal on Madonna Street, directed by Mario Monicelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Winston Churchill: The Valiant Years.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1960!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1960 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Mary Ostergren: St. Paul, Minnesota -- Biathelete (1994 Olympics).
- John F Kennedy: Jr.
- Kasey Smith in Queens: New York, USA; heavy metal artist (Danger Danger - "Screw It").
- John F Kennedy Jr: son of John Kennedy; lawyer.
- Amy Grant: American singer-songwriter, musician, author, media personality and actress, best known for performing Christian music.
- John Kennedy: American attorney and magazine editor. A member of one of the most famous families in American history, he was born the second child and only son of Jacqueline and John F. Kennedy. John took the time to find his own niche in one of the most publicized families in America. Easy-going and well-bred, with intense physical charisma, he was known as one of the world's most eligible bachelors, called the Sexiest Man Alive by "People Magazine."
- Amy Gibson: American actress and businesswoman
- 1st atomic reactor for research and development, Richland Washington
- CBS ends last 4 radio soap operas (Ma Perkins, Right to Happiness, Young Dr Malone and 2nd Mrs Burton) and cancels 4 other series
- First atomic reactor for research and development opens, Richland, Washington.
- Final radio broadcast of "Amos 'n' Andy" airs.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 November 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- U.S. Bonds - New Orleans
- Joe Jones - You Talk Too Much
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?