Monday 25 November 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to I'm Leaving It Up To You by Dale & Grace.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Carry on Regardless, directed by Gerald Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1963!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1963 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Sonja Morgan: American socialite, who joined the TV show "The Real Housewives of New York City" in its third season.
- Kevin Chamberlin: American actor and director.
- Chip Kelly: Coach.
- Holly Cole: Canadian singer and actress.
- Bernie Kosar: NFL quarterback (Miami Dolphins, Cleveland Browns).
- Lorenzo Charles: American athlete, a pro basketball player and later a chartered bus driver for the last 10 years of his life. He played basketball in college, cemented a solid reputation in the sport while in college and was drafted by the Atlanta Hawks in 1985. He only played 36 games for the teams; he went on to play for professional teams in Europe and later in the minor leagues.
- Steve Ave: St. Germain-en-Laye, France -- US 1500m runner
- Alexander Marinesko: captain of the S-13 submarine, which sank the German ship Wilhelm Gustloff (d. 1963).
- JFK laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery
- Deceased US President John F. Kennedy laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery.
- U.S. President Kennedy is buried at Arlington National Cemetery. Schools around the nation do not have class on that day, millions watch the funeral on live international television.
- U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson establishes the Warren Commission to investigate the assassination of President Kennedy.
- Trans-Canada Airlines Flight 831, a Douglas DC-8 carrying 118, crashes into a wooded hillside after taking-off from Dorval International Airport near Montreal, killing all on board (the worst air disaster for many years in Canada's history).
- Foundation stone for Mirzapur Cadet College is led in East Pakistan (now Bangladesh).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Lesley Gore - She's A Fool
- Elvis Presley - Bossa Nova Baby
- The Dixiebelles - (Down At) Papa Joe's
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 November 1963 and get them!