Wednesday 25 October 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Only Yesterday, directed by John M. Stahl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1933!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1933 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Eugene ''Porky'' Lee: American child actor (d. 2005).
- Eugene Lee: American child actor, most notable for appearing in the "Our Gang" (Little Rascals) comedies as Porky from 1935 to 1939.
- Bobby Boyd: American boxer.
- Michel Herbert: French architect, who founded his own firm in 1968.
- Larry J Hopkins: (Rep-R-Kentucky, 1979- ).
- Jack Haley: American film executive and co-founder, along with David Wolper, of Wolper Productions, Inc. in 1959. He was the executive producer of "Ripley's Believe It or Not," 1983, and he assembled "That's Entertainment." In 1984 he produced the Academy Awards for the first time, followed by the special "That's Dancing" in 1985. He won several Emmys for his work.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1933 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Old Spinning Wheel - Ray Noble & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 October 1933 and get them!