Thursday 25 October 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Trail Beyond, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 25 October 1934 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 25 October 1934 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
See other famous people born on 25 October
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1934?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Upton Sinclair -- Oct. 22, 1934
- Science: Science vol. 80 issue 2077
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Rt. Reverend James Perry -- Oct. 15, 1934
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
In 1934, Caroline Miller's novel Lamb in His Bosom won the Pulitzer Prize for Literature. It was the first novel by a Georgia author to win a Pulitzer, soon followed by Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind in 1937.
Young's novel of war coming to the Natchez region of Mississippi has long been considered one of the best of Civil War novels. “If you would understand what was best in the Old South, its attitude toward life, you will ...
Goodbye, Mr. Chips (originally, Good-bye, Mr. Chips) is a short novel about the life of a schoolteacher, Mr. Chipping, written by the English writer James Hilton, published in the United States in June 1934 by Little, Brown and Company and ...
Tell the world why 25 October 1934 is such a special date for you!