Sunday 25 October 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sir Martin Gilbert and Martin Gilbert.
Les Misérables, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1936 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Sir Martin Gilbert: British historian.
- Martin Gilbert: British historian and honorary Fellow of Merton College, University of Oxford.
- Masako Nozawa: Japanese actress and singer.
- Jaime de Magalhes Lima: Portuguese Author / poet, dies at 76.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 October 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?