Friday 25 October 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Mark of Zorro, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1940 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Michèle Fieux: French physical oceanographer, also specializing in meteorology and climatology.
- Bob Knight: American basketball player who later became a coach at Indiana University.
- Bobby Knight: College basketball coach (Indiana, Olympic - Gold - 1984).
- Jimmy Herman: Canadian actor (d. 2013).
- Benjamin O Davis Dr became 1st Black general in US Army
- Colonel Bo Davis attains rank of Brigadier General
- US Army General Benjamin Davis becomes 1st black general
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ferry Boat Serenade - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?