Saturday 25 October 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Hall and Coco Robicheaux.
Forever Amber, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Handle Bar.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1947 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- John Hall: Rocker.
- Coco Robicheaux: American singer-songwriter (d. 2011).
- Glenn Tipton: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Judas Priest and The Flying Hat Band).
- Under the Counter closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 27 performances
- Bradman scores 156 for South Africa vs. the Indians, 152 mins, 22 fours
- Sam Breadon sells Cards to Robert Hannegan and Fred Saigh for $4M
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Wish I Didn't Love You So - Dick Haymes
- Kokomo, Indiana - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Mickey - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- Dinah Shore - You Do
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?