Wednesday 25 October 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1950 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Eric Richardson: American homosexual; HIV positive, contracted AIDS January or February 1989.
- John Matuszak in Milwaukee: Wisconsin, USA; NFL player (Oakland Raiders)/actor (Hollywood Beat).
- John Matuszak: American football defensive end in the National Football League who later became an actor.
- Chris Norman: British pop singer, he sang for the soft rock group Smokie during the 1970s, and continues to perform as a solo act.
- Mark Taylor: TV Actor.
- Max Krilich: Australian rugby player
- Dutch NSB leader C van Gelderen sentenced to life
- Sukarno appointed President of the Republic of Indonesia
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Perry Como & Betty Hutton - A Bushel and a Peck
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love With You) - Ray Anthony
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 October 1950 and get them!