Saturday 25 October 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Limelight, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1952 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Samir Geagea: Lebanese commander and politician.
- Wendy Hall: English computer scientist mathematician and academic.
- Ioannis Kyrastas: Greek footballer and manager (Born 1952).
- Mollie O'Brien: American singer and guitarist.
- Sergei Bortkiewicz: Composer, dies at 75.
- 1st Dutch edition of youth magazine Donald Duck
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yours (Quierme Mucho) - Vera Lynn
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?