Sunday 25 October 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1953 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Mark Will McNulty: Bindwa, Zimbabwe -- PGA golfer (1982 Danny Thomas-4th).
- Muffin Spencer-Devlin: Piqua, Ohio -- LPGA golfer (1985 MasterCard Pro-Am).
- Serge Girard: French ultramarathon runner who fulfilled the challenge of running across the 5 continents without a single day off.
- Holger Pedersen: Danish linguist and academic (d. 1953).
- Coal mine in Seraing Belgium explodes, 26 die
- Dmitri Sjostakovitch completes his 10th Symphony
- KIEM TV channel 3 in Eureka, CA (NBC / CBS / ABC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?