Tuesday 25 October 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Picnic, directed by Joshua Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1955 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Glynis Barber: South African-English actress.
- Robin Eubanks: American trombonist and educator (SFJAZZ Collective).
- Matthias Jabs: German guitarist and songwriter (Scorpions).
- Danny Darwin: American pro baseball pitcher.
- Gale Hurd: American producer of noted films during the '90s that include "Terminator," "Aliens," and "Raising Cain.
- Sadako Sasaki: Japanese atomic bomb victim (Born 1943).
- Austria resumed its sovereignty after departure of last Allied occupation forces, for 1st time since German occupation of 1938
- Branch Rickey steps down as GM of the Pirates
- Tappan sells 1st microwave oven
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?