Wednesday 25 October 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Johnson and Kelly Chase.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to To Sir With Love by Lulu.
In UK Massachusetts by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Cool Hand Luke, directed by Stuart Rosenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Gabriel Hounds by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Nibelungen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1967 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Anthony Johnson: NFL fullback (Chicago Bears, Carolina Panthers).
- Kelly Chase: Porcupine Plain, California -- NHL right wing (Hartford Whalers).
- Julia Roberts in Smyma: Georgia, USA; actress (Mystic Pizza, Pretty Woman).
- An abortion bill passes in the British Parliament.
- Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi of Iran is officially crowned.
- U.S. Navy pilot John McCain is shot down over North Vietnam and made a POW. His capture will be announced in the NY Times and Washington Post two days later.
- Charles De Gaulle vetoes British entry into the European Economic Community again.
- London criminal Jack McVitie is murdered by the Kray twins, leading to their eventual imprisonment and downfall.
- Mobutu's troops launch an offensive against mercenaries in Bukavu, Congo.
- The Montreal, Quebec Expo 67 closes, having received over 50 million attendees.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Association - Never My Love
- The Young Rascals - How Can I Be Sure
- Soul Survivors - Expressway (To Your Heart)
- Vikki Carr - It Must Be Him
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Marvin Gaye - Your Precious Love
- Aretha Franklin - A Natural Woman (You Make Me Feel Like)
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?