Monday 25 October 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to If You Leave Me Now by Chicago.
In UK Mississippi by Pussycat was in the top 5 hits.
Alice Sweet Alice, directed by Alfred Sole, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1976!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1976 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
Famous Birthdays:25 October
- Raymond Queneau [M Presle]: French writer (Last Days), dies at 73.
- 5th Enterprise, approach and lands test (ALT) flight
- Gov Wallace grants full pardon to Clarence Norris, last known survivor of 9 Scottsboro Boys who were convicted in 1931 rape
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
- Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Heart - Magic Man
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?