Thursday 25 October 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Rise by Herb Alpert.
In UK Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles was in the top 5 hits.
Fascination, directed by Jean Rollin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Dead Zone by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1979!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1979 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Eddie Argos: English singer-songwriter (Art Brut).
- Bat Lashes: English singer-songwriter (Sexwitch).
- Rob Hulse: English footballer.
- Ivana Sert: Serbian-Turkish model and fashion designer.
- Sarah Thompson: American actress.
- Tony Torcato: American baseball player
- Milena Roucka: Canadian professional wrestler
- Natasha Khan: British singer (aka Bat For Lashes)
- Cyriaque Santerne: French horse rider, jockey.
- Robin Eldridge: American actress whose career began when she was five. She toured with the American Repertory Theatre in Paris at six, appeared on TV at nine in a drama, and did live theater at 13.
- Mariana Klaveno: Movie Actress
- Rosa Mendes: Wrestler
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?