Saturday 25 October 1980
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ilana Goldfogel and Sarah Benincasa.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Woman In Love by Barbra Streisand.
In UK Don't Stand So Close To Me by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Oh, God! Book II, directed by Gilbert Cates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Key To Rebecca by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Le temps d'une paix.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cheeky Mouse or Targ.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1980!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1980 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Ilana Goldfogel: Denver, Colorado -- Pairs skater (with Erik Schulz).
- Sarah Benincasa: American comedian.
- Mehcad Brooks: American actor and former model.
- Hubert Radke: Polish basketball player.
- Mike Weaver KOs Gerrie Coetzee in 13 for heavyweight boxing title
- Proceedings on the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction conclude at The Hague.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Pointer Sisters - He's So Shy
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- The Doobie Brothers - Real Love
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Donna Summer - The Wanderer
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright
- Stephanie Mills - Never Knew Love Like This Before
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?