Monday 25 October 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Lost Hero: The Heroes of Olympus, Book One by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 25 October 2010 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 October
- An earthquake and consequent tsunami off the coast of Sumatra, Indonesia, kills over 400 people and leaves hundreds missing.ref name=quotBBC News Major earthquakequot
- A bomb at the Fariduddin Ganjshakar Sufi shrine in Pakpattan, a city in Pakistan's Punjab province, kills at least eight people and injures twenty. (irna)
- A roadside bomb struck a passenger van in the Orakzai tribal region killing three people and wounding two others near Tanda. (dawn)
- An Afghan official claims that a NATO air strike killed about 25 people in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. (Xinhua)
- A Sahrawi boy was killed and five other injured by the Moroccan Army near a protest camp in Western Sahara. (Sahara Press Service)
- China and Africa celebrated the tenth anniversary of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC) in Beijing. Jia Qinglin, chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, addressed the reception commemorating. (China Gate)
- Lhasa invests 90 million yuan in 23 tourist facilities. The tourist facilities include Lhasa Tourist Service Center, Namtso Scenic Spot, Potala Palace- Jokhang Temple- Norbu Linka Cultural Heritage tourist attractions, etc. (China Tibet Online)
- Singapore Exchange proposes a $A8.4 billion takeover of the Australian Securities Exchange. (BBC)
- Sony stops selling the original cassette Walkman. (Newcore via ''Herald Sun'')
- US financial regulators launch an investigation into the foreclosure practices of various US financial institutions. (BBC News)
- American International Group CEO Robert Benmosche has cancer, the company said, and he is receiving ampquotaggressive chemotherapy,ampquot but his prognosis is not clear. (CNBC)
- One person is killed and nine others injured after a plane carrying employees of BP Canada crashes in northeastern Alberta. The twin-engine King Air 100 was on its way from Edmonton City Centre Airport to Kirby Lake, southeast of Conklin. (Canada)
- Leading Nepalese Sherpa Chhewang Nima, known for climbing Mount Everest 19 times, is now feared dead. (''The Independent'')
- Authorities evacuate 40,000 people in Java due to fears of an explosion by Mount Merapi. (CNN)
- A magnitude 7.5 earthquake strikes near the Mentawai Islands, but tsunami warnings for western Sumatra proved unwarranted. (Sina)
- At least 27 people are killed and eighty injured after oil leaks from a pipeline near the town of Pakokku in Burma. (BBC)
- Israeli officials criticize the concluding document of the Vatican’s synod on the Middle East, with Israeli deputy foreign minister Danny Ayalon accusing the synod of being ampquota forum for Arab propagandaampquot. (AP)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 October 2010 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?