Thursday 25 September 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Fun & Fancy Free, directed by Edgar Bergen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1947 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Cheryl Tiegs: American model and cover girl, one of the first great supermodels of the '70s.
- Giannos Kranidiotis: Greek politician and diplomat (d. 1999).
- Firmine Richard: French actress.
- Cecil Womack: American musician, a songwriter and lyricist who started out with his brothers in an R&B quartet.
- John Fiddler: England, United Kingdom -- Rock vocalist / guitarist (British Lions).
- Jacques Garcia: French architect, interior designer and garden designer, best known for his contemporary interiors of Paris hotels and restaurants.
- Cheryl Tiegs in Minnesota: USA; model's figure.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?