Thursday 25 September 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Fiddler and Cheryl Tiegs in Minnesota.
Fun & Fancy Free, directed by Edgar Bergen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Author Meets the Critics.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1947 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- John Fiddler: England, United Kingdom -- Rock vocalist / guitarist (British Lions).
- Cheryl Tiegs in Minnesota: USA; model's figure.
- Jacques Garcia: French architect, interior designer and garden designer, best known for his contemporary interiors of Paris hotels and restaurants.
- Cheryl Tiegs: American model and cover girl, one of the first great supermodels of the '70s.
- Cecil Womack: American musician, a songwriter and lyricist who started out with his brothers in an R&B quartet.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?