Tuesday 25 September 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Across the Wide Missouri, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1951 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Bob McAdoo: American athlete, a forward center basketball player, 6'9", 225 lbs.
- Robert Mc: Greensboro sports Champions.
- Mark Hamill in Oakland: California, USA; actor (Star Wars).
- Bob McAdoo NBA forward/center (Buffalo Braves: Los Angeles Lakers).
- Yardena Arazi: Israeli singer.
- Billy Dee: American porn actor and director
- Burleigh Drummond: American drummer and songwriter (Ambrosia)
- Graeme Knowles: English bishop
- Mark Hamill: American actor who made a fortune and became immortal playing Luke Skywalker in the George Lucas trilogy: "Star Wars," "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi." After the smash hit trio, he dropped out of Hollywood to devote time to his personal life and a family with two boys born in 1980 and 1982. He spent a few years playing sleazeballs and villains in summer theater, and came back to the screen in 1989 as a ruthless cop in "Slipstream," another sci-fi fantasy.
- Pedro Almodovar: Spanish film director, screenwriter, and producer
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sin (It's No Sin) - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- Patti Page - And So to Sleep Again
- Wonder Why - Vic Damone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?