Thursday 25 September 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Crimson Pirate, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1952!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1952 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Gloria Jean Watkins: American scholar.
- Colin Friels: Scottish-born Australian actor whose credits include a co-starring role alongside Noni Hazlehurst in Monkey Grip (1982); the title role in Malcolm (1986), for which he was awarded the 1986 AFI Award for Best Actor; the lead role in the 1994 Halifax f.p.
- Cherrie Moraga: American writer, editor, playwright, essayist and activist.
- Christopher Reeve: American actor on stage, film and TV.
- Steven Roberts: American writer and newsmaker who rode his computerised bike across the USA in 1983, as detailed in his book Computing across America.
- Jimmy Garvin: American professional wrestler
- bell hooks: American author and activist
- Cherríe Moraga: American poet playwright and activist
- Tommy Norden: NYC, New York -- Actor (Flipper)
- Chris Pond: English politician
- Anson Williams: American actor director and producer
- Hal Newhouser of Tigers wins his 200th game
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?